Disclaimer : all info correct as of 22nd April 2010, please verify them if necessary.
Location & Contact Details :
As of end of March 2010, they will only receive new passport application from Monday to Thursday (220 per day) and all passport will be ready for collection on Friday.
Things to prepare:
1. 2 blue background color photos (3.5cm x 5cm, passport size)
2. Original Malaysian IC and 1 photocopy of it (front and back)
3. Original SPR IC/student pass/employment pass etc. and 1 photocopy of it(front and back)
4. Completed IM42 form (can be collected at guard house for free or download online from IMI website. Please print this form in one sheet of paper as they don’t accept 2 sheet of papers.)
5. Cash SGD128 (subjected to change)
6. Your current passport (well, do I need to mention this?)
How to go (Map) :
Take bus no. 32 from Redhill MRT station(or bus no 14 / 65 from orchard MRT) and alight at the bus stop opposite valley pt condo.(You can press the bell after you saw the Esso petrol station on your left hand side for bus no. 32) then walk along Jervios road (the road in between Esso and SPC petrol station) to reach Malaysia High Commission of Singapore.
If you plan to transfer your re-entry permit (REP) at ICA building personally, you can board bus no. 32 at the bus stop opposite valley pt condo too. However, you can actually transfer your REP to new passport via the online eServices from http://www.ica.gov.sg/
Some images for easier navigation :
Application Procedure :
1. Get a pass from the Guard house.
Things to take note :
a. they need one of your photo ID or credit card to exchange for a pass, please don’t give them your IC as you’ll need it later, give them your driving license etc.
b. Please don’t join the queue blindly as normally they’ll be two queues, one for getting pass at guard house another queuing to go in the high commission after you got your pass.
2. Queue at the side door and wait for security check to go in the high com.
3. Get all your forms ready and remember to stick your photos in the form, they will check before issue you a queue number. (special counter available for senior citizen and pregnant women)
4. After got your queue number, wait for your turn for submission of new passport application.
5. After submission, pay at the payment counter and they will tell you what time to go for collection on Friday. Voila, that’s it!
p/s : photocopy and self service photo taking available on the spot but it’s advisable get all your documents ready before you go to avoid long queue.
Things to take note for fill out the IM42 form:
Please fill out accordingly and take note of the following…
Page 1 : You only need to fill out your Singapore address in the “Alamat Semasa” section and remember to stick your photo and write your mobile number at the bottom part.
Page 2 : Remember to stick your photo and fill out current passport number.
As I had benefited a lot from others blog post so I think it’s good to write an updated version. Please feel free to copy and rewrite this post to a better one. Cheers!